- Parent Category: Continuent
- Published on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 00:00
Senior Database Availability and Clustering Engineer
Continuent, a leading provider of database clustering and replication software, has a position available for a highly experienced developer working on Tungsten clustering. This job requires an engineering leader who can think broadly about DBMS availability on systems ranging from bare metal to virtualized hosts in Amazon, VMWare, and OpenStack. As a senior engineer responsible for availability and clustering you will design, develop, and maintain software to manage Tungsten clusters of off-the-shelf DBMS servers that span data centers as well as geographically distributed locations and hybrid environments.
The job responsibilities include:
- Develop requirements from scratch based on input from customers as well as analysis of current product architecture
- Investigate, recommend, and implement cutting edge techniques for building reliable, distributed clusters
- Devise testing strategies, implement functional and unit tests, and work closely with QA to enable smooth releases with high levels of quality
- Serve as a "buck-stops-here" level-3 backstop for technical support on deployed customer systems
- Help with project planning and mentor other team members in techniques for building robust, highly available software
Successful candidates are hands-on, self-starters who work well in a distributed team environment and have deep experience in database systems. To get in the door, you'll need outstanding programming skills including but not limited to Java, practical experience in a wide range of DBMS systems, and a history of success in complex, business-critical systems. Experience with open source development, functional languages, Zookeeper, group communications, and DBMS internals including wire protocols are major plusses.
Continuent offers competitive salary and benefits. If you want to get in on the ground floor of a growing company in a challenging field, this job is for you. The company is fully distributed. For this position we prefer candidates in the US Bay Area or Pacific Coast but if you have the qualifications you will find us quite open-minded about locations.
How to apply: