- Parent Category: Continuent
- Published on Wednesday, 15 September 2010 22:42
Database Clustering QA Engineer
Continuent, the market leader in clustering and replication for open source databases, has positions open for QA engineers to test our innovative Tungsten software. We are looking for individuals with a passion for testing and advanced database systems who are looking for an opportunity to grow in a top-notch company succeeding in a difficult field.
As a Database Clustering QA Engineer you will work with Continuent's award-winning Tungsten software to:
- Define, implement, execute, and document tests plans, test cases and test programs for multiple projects of advanced data services constructed over open source databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Document and communicate test results, including issues found and their resolutions
- Develop, document, and maintain automated test suites and testing tools
- Help implement QA methodologies, standards, and procedures
To make the grade with us you’ll need to have the following:
- Strong experience successfully testing complex system software
- Proven test development skills using Java/C++ as well as scripting languages like Ruby, Perl, or Python
- Demonstrated interest in databases and data management including SQL programming
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- A talent for creative destruction to winkle out weaknesses and bugs
You get bonus points as a candidate if you are the author of sysbench or similar load testing tools.
Continuent offers competitive salary and benefits. The company is fully distributed. You may join our team from any wired place on earth though for this hire we prefer locations in timezones between California and Eastern Europe.
How to Apply: